Wednesday, March 4, 2009

All because two people fell in love...almost seven years ago!

Our Accounting 233 group was supposed to meet on a Friday to go over the chapter; Kris was unable to come (due to working for Nate), so we decided to meet on a Saturday instead. On Saturday Allen (the other group member) had to cancel.
It was incredibly hard to focus on the reading. I kept reading the same lines over and over, yet none of it made any sense. (I think that it had something to do with how incredibly cute Kris is). Kris asked me if I wanted to finish the homework later and go rent a movie. It was quarter after eleven when we got back from Movie Gallery. (We rented “Blade”; starring Wesley Snipes.) I sat on my couch and Kris laid on my love-seat. I wondered how long it would take before he migrated over to the couch.
Lacking patience (as always) I asked Kris if he wanted to sit by me. There was absolutely NO hesitation. The movie was good, but I think that we enjoyed cuddling more! It seemed like the movie was only ten minutes long. (Time always seems to go by faster when a person wants it to stop all together.)
When the movie was over it was after midnight…Kris got ready to go home, but not before asking me if he could give me a kiss good-night. What a gentleman! (Nervous and red in the face…I’m sure of it…I agreed.) After a sweet kiss good-night Kris left, but not before assuring me that we would meet again.
THE CUTEST THING ABOUT THE WHOLE DATE WAS HOW MUCH TROUBLE KRIS WENT THROUGH TO GET ME ALONE. AFTER WE HAD BEEN DATING A COUPLE OF MONTHS, KRIS’ SISTER MERILEE TOLD ME HIS SECRET. . . ALLAN REALLY DID NOT “CANCEL”. WHEN ALLAN (THE OTHER GROUP MEMBER WHO COME TO FIND OUT HAD A CRUSH ON ME AS WELL) CALLED KRIS TO FIND OUT WHEN WE WERE GOING TO MEET, KRIS HAD NATHAN (HIS BROTHER) TELL ALLAN THAT HE HAD ALREADY LEFT. WHAT WAS REALLY IRONIC WAS THAT ALLAN ONLY HAD KRIS’ PHONE NUMBER, AND THE “STUDY-GROUP” WAS ALL KRISTOPER’S IDEA! HOW ROMANTIC!!!
And well…the rest is history.

It is hard to believe that this happened almost 7 years ago...WOW!

Kris and I have two wonderful children. Dominique is seven and is in the second grade. Tyler just turned three in December and loves to read. Kris is a CPA and I am working my degree at the University of Oregon. I am majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Science. My goal is to graduate in 2011.

1 comment: