Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The trees' buds are turning to leaves, roses are blooming, and it's time to start gardening! My neighbor brought us over this awesome book, ALL NEW SQUARE FOOT GARDENING, by: Mel Bartholomew. The idea is to grow more plants in less space and also eliminating weeds and fertilizer! We are more than excited! A garden without weeds is too good to be true! These are the forms that we built. We will fill them with vermeculite, compost, and petemoss.



And yes...these flowers are real...It's hard to believe I'm planting my flowers in March?


Tyler loves to smell them!





3 comments:

  1. Wow, flowers already!! I am jealous. Flowers take so much watering here that I guess I don't really mind waiting a month or two. tee hee Welcome to blogging, I am so excited to be able to keep up on your family. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! My friend's parents do that type of gardening. It looks really cool. Can't wait to see pics when things start growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. . . I can't believe you guys are planting flowers already! I'm so jealous. I'm so ready for SPRING!! It's still below freezing around here most of the time. The other day it was about 40 degrees. . . we walked outside and Brandon said "Wow, it's hot out here!" Poor kid. . .

    ReplyDelete