Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh Man...

Kris, Tyler, and I went on a bike ride yesterday. It was beautiful, exciting, and you guess it, a nice sunny day, (temps. around 80'). We biked along the Willamette River past Kris' work, which is about 8 miles from our house. We stopped at Subway to get a bite and then had a picnic right off the river. (Awwww...it doesn't get any better, does it?) We saw Salmon practically jumping out of the river; turtles on every log in sight, (Tyler even got to touch one, because it made its way to the bike path) flowers and trees galore, and the beautiful Willamette River beside us almost the whole trip. There was a slight breeze, so we didn't even become over-heated. After a couple of "pit stops" for Tyler we were ready to return home. I could have biked all day, but we had to return home for Dominique when she got off school. On our way back we stopped off at DQ, for a Chocolate-Cherry Blizzard. MMMmmmMMMM. As we sat on the steps I noticed that I might have gotten a little too much sun on my arms, but what is one to expect on a 16 mile fun-packed adventure along the Willamette River!!!

(Our brand-new Canon camera broke at the Oregon Zoo, so I do not have any pictures, however, we are going to go exchange it today! All you have to do is imagine the "coolest" people in the most "beautiful" place on earth, and that my friends was our experience...lol.)

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a perfect day! glad you got to enjoy a beautiful oregon day together! can't wait to see more pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAhhh, that sounds so relaxing. Oregon seems almost paradisical. Sounds like you're able to hang out with Kris again now that tax season is done:) I hope your camera gets fixed soon, whata bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I am so jealous. I have tried to forget OR as much as possible and tell myself the desert isn't so bad...thanks for ruining it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol...we could use some family here...maybe you should stop lying to yourself and move back...hmmmm? Desert...Practically Tropic...Desert...Practically Tropic? Just an idea?!

    ReplyDelete