Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring-time Fun...

I recently purchased a patio set and I needed a centerpiece for the table. I went and bought some acrylic paint, acrylic sealer, paintbrushes, and clay pots...then the kids and I had some Spring fun!
In order to keep the kids' clothes clean, I cut room for their arms and their head in a plastic garbage bag. This worked out fantastic. Their clothes were saved and so was my floor!
Dominique had lots of fun designing her new spring pot. She is so artistic; this makes it so much fun when doing crafts with her.
This is Ellie, Tyler's little buddy 'ol pal. She is as cute as a pixy and we LOVE her company every Tuesday.
Both Tyler and Ellie thought that painting the bottom was most fun.
Tyler did so well. I couldn't believe how focused he was the whole time.

The end results were FABULOUS...Now I have three beautiful pots to go out on my patio table. Thanks to my artists at work!

Of course I painted one too; I couldn't let them have all the fun...lol.

Dominique wrote, "Spring is here," on hers...too cute!

And Tyler's is just plain beautiful. I am so proud of him. GREAT JOB T-Man!

When the acrylic seal dried, we filled them with potting soil and these flowers in the above picture. In a couple of months I will have beautiful flowers to match my lovely spring pots!


3 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun project - and it will be fun for them to see the flowers grow. Good idea with the garbage bags - mess free painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the artwork, your kids could be famous some day! I don't know which will look prettier: the flowers or the pots. Dominique and Tyler are getting so old, and that's so awesome that he has a little friend to hang out with too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. . . I'm going to have to do this with my kids. I love the garbage bag idea too. . . I usually put one of Eric's old work shirts on them when we do messy painting, but he doens't really enjoy going to work with pink and purple paint spots all over his clothes :)

    ReplyDelete