Sunday, July 26, 2009

A "BERRY" FUN DAY!

Last weekend we went berry picking. We took Tyler, Dominique, and Austin, (Dominique's friend) along with Kris and I. We road our bikes along the river trail until we found a blackberry patch full of berries! In 15 minutes, we picked 40 ounces of wild, organic, blackberries. MMMMmmm!

What a treat!

While picking we got poked a couple times, but it was worth it!

~WOW~

This pie was delicious, however, I am going to start buying pie crust. It is not worth the time and effort when it only costs a $1.50 for two premade crusts!

A little ice-cream on top...and walla!~

My kiddos were impressed! Kris liked my pie too!~

If Dominique likes it, you know it's good!

Sticky fingers...

More pies, jam, smoothies, etc...here we come!

6 comments:

  1. mmmmm mmm that was heavenly keep em comin sweetheart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yu-hu-hu-meeee! Those fresh berries and that homemade pie look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I haven't had a blackberry since we lived in the Bitterroot! I'm so jealous! Your pie looks fantastic! I agree with the crust issue- it's SOOO much easier to just buy them. *just don't tell my mom :)*

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks delicious! I want a piece! i sure miss that about oregon. we used to pick berries on our nature walks. good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh, berries - I think that is what I miss most about the Bitterroot - raspberries, strawberries, cherries, blackberries and most of all HUCKLEBERRIES!! Your pie looks delicious, but stay away from those store bought crusts!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh oh...lol...I have been compromised!

    ReplyDelete