Thursday, July 30, 2009

We beat the heat!

Well, today is "suppose" to be a little less hot. The past couple of days Phoenix, AZ, is the only place in the United States that has been hotter than Eugene, OR. That is pretty ridiculous sense our average temperature is 83'F for this time of year. The past two days it has been around 110'F. Yuck! I absolutely HATE extreme weather; that is one of the reasons why we moved here, to enjoy the mild climate. Well, since we set an all time record, I don't believe that this will continue. It is suppose to start cooling off and return to "normal" temperatures. WOOHOO! The other day I went and purchased some water toys so that the kids and I could cool off. I also purchased some Blue Bunny Ice-cream sandwiches. MMMmmm! Then yesterday we went over to Bill and Donna's for some fresh BBQed salmon and my homemade potato-salad. So in other words..."We beat the heat!"

My kiddos loved this seal. It sprayed water out of its spout and balanced a ball on the water-spout.
We also hooked up the sprinkler to spray the tramp. while the kids jumped on it.

Tyler and Dominique love there new little kiddie pool. I wanted something a little bigger, but every retail store was sold out of the"big ones." This one is 5 ft wide, so not too shabby! The kids and I had fun anyways!


Dominique has become quite the acrobat!

Splish~Splash!
Happy~n~Cool. Tyler jumpin' in the pool.


Takin' turns and havin' fun!

Tyler caught some serious air. I love this little guy.

Fun in the sun!

I couldn't help but post this picture. They only had a little spat during the three hours we were out side playing which is pretty good considering the fact that it was hot and they are brother and sister...lol!
Happy, Happy; Joy, Joy!

I can't wait until we get our new enclosure. It makes me a little frazzled when Tyler is on the tramp....no broken bones please. He has a blast though, so I guess I can hold my breath for a while...hehe.

Wooohooo!~

Look at 'em go!

Just cute and happy!

Dominique showin' off her new earrings. She isn't spoiled, she is just loved.

Dominique putting the beach ball onto the seal's water-spout.~ Fun, fun, and more fun ~
This little whale shoots a little spout of water as it swims through the pool. Tyler liked this little toy!


Even Dominique had fun in the pool...and it fit her just right. Next year we'll try to get a bigger pool though, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Fun in the sun- what would we do with out outside water play to cool down! I love the one of them on the tramp - I have definatly seen those expressions on their faces before!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Granny, the "mad faces" picture is priceless! So funny. lol Hope it cools down soon. Yuck . . .

    ReplyDelete