Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Porland, OR. Rose Garden


Due to the beautiful summer weather I have been slacking a little when it comes to blogging. I thought that I would redeem myself and let everyone know what we have been up to lately. A couple weeks ago we went to the Portland Rose Garden. It was absolutely stunning. There were roses of every color and each smelled as beautiful as the next. There were acres upon acres of rose patches. This is a must see for anyone who comes to visit!!!





Tyler and Dominique had a blast running from flower to flower and indulging in the essence of the roses.There were a few fountains as well. This place is so peaceful, even Dominique couldn't take it all in.

The roses were just the right height so that Tyler could put his nose right in the flower...mmmm!

Dominique has to be the most photogenic person I know. You are gorgeous little girl. In fact you are a pretty as a rose!

It was a little warm outside and Tyler really wanted to take a dip it the fountain. Kris couldn't help it and well...as you can see Tyler was able to cool off by the help of his daddy...lol!

Dominique thought that it was pretty funny! I think that my face might have turned a shade of red.

My handsome little guy and his moment of Zen.

Dominique is such a nice big sister. Most of the time these guys are inseparable.


To top it off we came upon a lady playing the harp. Music is really big here. What a treat this was!

I could have pitched a tent and camped here for days!
This would be a great spot to study or read a book for sure!




There were plaques named after different gals; look I have my own!


This never gets old!

Roses of every shade and color!

My beautiful FAMILY! Wow; I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family!

We have so much fun together!
My love!

True Love!
Spunky and Cute!

Ah ha! Even Kris couldn't resist these gorgeous roses!
My kiddos!

Awwwwww...

Lookin' cute and havin' fun! She looks so peaceful.
Caught again!
There was also a gazeebo type thing in the middle where one could rest and take it all in!


Tyler is in the middle.
A close-up!
These roses look like candycanes...
These were my favorite; there were roses of mutliple colors on the same plant. Breathe taking hah!?
...even purple roses!
And now you were able to see a glimpse of this beautiful rose garden. You must come see it; like most things, it's better in person!

2 comments:

  1. ahhh, brings back memories from the good old days! I love the Portland Rose Garden. Glad you made the journey to check it out! I can almost smell the roses just looking at them. I just love roses! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos! I love all the roses and your new header photo. The pictures of the kids with the sun rays behind them are really neat, you are becoming quite the photographer.

    ReplyDelete